MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops
In this course, attendees will learn how to deploy and update operating systems, manage policies and profile, manage product devices and manage app data.
This course will prepare it’s audience for, MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops exam.
Who This course is designed for
The Modern Desktop Administrator deploys, configures, secures, manages, and monitors devices and client applications in an enterprise environment. Responsibilities include managing identity, access, policies, updates, and apps. The MDA collaborates with the M365 Enterprise Administrator to design and implement a device strategy that meets the business needs of a modern organization.
- The Modern Desktop Administrator must be familiar with M365 workloads and must have strong skills and experience of deploying, configuring, and maintaining Windows 10 and non-Windows devices. The MDA role focuses on cloud services rather than on-premises management technologies.
- Planning an Operating System Deployment Strategy
- Implementing Windows 10
- Managing Updates for Windows 10
- Understand the benefits and methods of co-management strategies
- Configuring Intune
- Enroll devices in Intune and configure device policies
- Manage user profiles and folder redirection
- Plan a mobile application management strategy
- Manage and deploy apps, including Office 365 ProPlus and Internet
- Explorer settings
- Managing Authentication in Azure AD
- Managing Devices and Device Policies
- Managing Security
Deploying the Modern Desktop
As desktops has evolved, so have methods for deploying and updating them. In this course, you’ll learn how to plan and implement an operating system deployment strategy. This course will help you understand the various methods available, the scenarios they’re suited for, as well as how to deploy Windows using modern methods. This course will also cover planning and implementing an update strategy for Windows. ;
Managing Modern Desktops and Devices
As demand for organizations to enable workforces to be more mobile, a desktop administrator’s role is really is no longer about just “desktop” management. With BYOD becoming commonplace and the need for employees to access line of business apps on personal devices, the scope of desktop administration must include both desktop and mobile devices, regardless of ownership. During this course, you’ll be introduced to key components of modern management and co-management strategies. You’ll examine what it takes to incorporate Microsoft Intune into your organization and how to use it to manage modern desktops and devices. You’ll also learn about methods for deployment and management of apps and browser-based applications. ;
Protecting Modern Desktops and Devices